The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.
Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Waypoint problem!

Prangster is the Resident Expert on Battle of Stalingrad mission designing and building. He will impart his great wisdom within the hallowed halls of this room.

Moderators: Reggie, Tom

Swallow
Austria
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Waypoint problem!

Post by Swallow » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:53 am

:((

OK. I have some IL2s that take off, follow waypoints, bomb something and return to base. That's fine. They do it all. Now, the plan is for the (SP) player to take off, intercept the IL2s and attack them. I want them being damaged to trigger the appearance of some Laggs (and later some FWs) to join the fray, to generate a dogfight for the SP player.

I hit some problems that I think I resolved. Firstly, even though the flight of IL2s has the two wingmen linked to the lead IL2 (which had the "OnDamaged" event, the Laggs only activated when the leader was damaged, I think. My solution was to add a couple more activate triggers tied to "OnDamaged" events for the wingmen.

This seems to work. The Laggs activate no matter which of the IL2s is damaged (although the damage has to be very heavy. I wish there was an "OnLightlyDamaged" event too!). But then the Laggs just orbit. I can't get them to move to their first waypoint. I've tried just about everything I can think of.

Here's an image of the mission (distilled to its main parts):

Any hints or comments would be gratefully received!

Prangster
Great Britain
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Re: Waypoint problem!

Post by Prangster » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:54 pm

Try sending the On Damaged report to timer and not directly to the activate. Then the timer sends a trigger to the activate and the waypoint timer.
Oberfeldwebel Prangster
Staffelführer 5./JG52
------------------------------
Starshina Prangster
Order of the Red Banner, Medal for Merit in Combat
88 GIAP

Swallow
Austria
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by Swallow » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:38 pm

Will try.

Swallow
Austria
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by Swallow » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:35 pm

It works!

The Activate/Deactivate mutual death-leash is pretty elegant, even if I say so myself! Cheers Prang. :ymhug:

Here's the mission: https://app.box.com/s/sewg0bwa25vcvp5hfeah7tblujykk9pa. Lots of other issues re. formations and smoke (where's my smoke?), but it mostly works the way I want it to.