The Tangmere Pilots extend a warm welcome to visitors in the Guest Room. Please feel free to register, drop by the Guest Room to say hello. If you are looking to join a squadron, we are currently recruiting. You can browse the rest of our site to see if The Tangmere Pilots fit what you are looking for.
Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Sunday Missions - Front Lines and Dates

Prangster is the Resident Expert on Battle of Stalingrad mission designing and building. He will impart his great wisdom within the hallowed halls of this room.

Moderators: Reggie, Tom

Silk
Great Britain
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Sunday Missions - Front Lines and Dates

Post by Silk » Mon May 30, 2016 5:36 pm

I assume that the front lines and mission dates for the Sunday missions are following some sort of plan. Is that correct? If so I would like to try and convert my latest Jabo mission to the Stalingrad map for potential use in our campaign so would like some guidance as to which date and line to use. Don't want to give too much away just yet, and in any case it is very much a work in progress, but I think it has potential.

Anyhow, if anyone wishes to contact me to discuss, please feel free to forum PM me.

Tom
Wales
Air Marshall
Air Marshall

Re: Sunday Missions - Front Lines and Dates

Post by Tom » Mon May 30, 2016 6:20 pm

Speak to Prangster about campaign mission making. If your mission doesn't fit within the main campaign we can always use it on a Sunday or as a Friday special.
In selecting the motto... 'all for one and one for all'... I have done so because it expresses what should be the creed to every Fighter Pilot. Never forget that you are an essential cog in the wheel, and if you break or fail it will let down your brother pilots, and the grimness of war allows for no such weakness.

Air Vice Marshal Saul in the foreword to 13 Group's 'Forget-Me-Nots for Fighters'

"They fly Hurricanes, isn't it?, them's shit planes for remtards on free dinners..."
Armstrong & Miller Show

Prangster
Great Britain
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Prangster » Mon May 30, 2016 8:11 pm

The Sunday missions follow the historic course of events at Stalingrad from July 42 to January 43. I'm the current "Fat Controler" for the campaign and we're currently at the beginning of October.The main source I have to determine the front-lines are the maps at armchairgeneral.com.

If you want to help with mission building for the Sunday campaign then let me know and I'll add you to the mission building roster along with Bunny, Jacko and Swallow. I'd normally send the mission builder a template mission file with the current front-line and things like airfields and static AAA positions already included. I'd also give you a suggestion for the type of mission based on the historic events from that week. The mission builder then adds the mission description, waypoints, player aircraft and opposition.

We always need more mission designers so you'd be very welcome.

Cheers,
Oberfeldwebel Prangster
Staffelführer 5./JG52
------------------------------
Starshina Prangster
Order of the Red Banner, Medal for Merit in Combat
88 GIAP

Silk
Great Britain
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Silk » Mon May 30, 2016 8:26 pm

Hi Prangster,

I'd certainly be happy to join the roster under the guidelines that you outline above. If it is of any help in figuring out where to slot me in, I am more than happy to make myself available either via PM or for a chat on TS/Skype whatever.

I've recently been considering turning my mind to making groups for Air-Ground objectives, although I'd be more than happy to try fitting in anywhere.

Jacko
Great Britain
Air Vice Marshall
Air Vice Marshall

Post by Jacko » Tue May 31, 2016 6:13 am

Thats a brklliant resource for maps
Special recognition - Odious Mission Designer
VVS Rank: Starshina of the 32nd IAD Fighter Aviation Regiment.
RAF Rank: F/Lt Jacko No1 Squadron (JX-J) & No1 Sqd Press Officer
LW Rank: Feldwebel

"Use speed get close, get closer and make every bullet count "

"The only proper defense is offense"
.......Air Vice-Marshall J.E "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF
https://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/